Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Decisions & Consequences - Part III-B


We need to nip lawlessness in the bud...and I've seen another side of lawlessness that I also don't like very much.

There's a big thing going on the prophetic movement about word curses, what are they, who can make them, what they do.

A noted recognized prophet has come out and said that Christians can put word curses on each other, even in prayer. I understand what they are saying and they are trying to 'educate' people to be more aware of what they receive into their spirits. To do this, you negate everything you believe is a "negative" "word" "against" you.

I'm going to ask some "what if" questions:
  • What if a person is actually trying to correct your stinkin' thinkin.' You're going to see that as 'negative' and you're going to think that's a word curse, when actually that person is praying for your good. But if you can't receive that, you're putting yourself in a very dangerous position of not being correctable. And Proverbs 3 states: "Whom the Lord loves, He corrects, as a father lovingly corrects his children."

  • What if you're about to fall off a cliff and you don't see the danger? What if you're in left field and you're so far off-track that because of being afraid you're going to be word cursed, you can't be warned or prepared? It can set you up for a bigger disappointment - or a free-fall. You're left wondering "why didn't you tell me? Why wasn't I warned? Why did this happen?"

Proverbs also says, "Like a fluttering sparrow, an undeserved curse cannot alight." What that means is - if you don't deserve that curse, it can't harm you. The only curses, word or otherwise, that can harm you, are those you 'deserve.' When I got a real revelation on that a few years ago, it took fear out of my life.

Recently, someone accused me of cursing them with my words - twice. I have done a lot of soul searching and checking with others in the Body to see if this was so. The last thing I want to do is curse someone with my words.

I reviewed what I said, and I know I didn't curse. I asked the Lord directly, and He revealed I had not cursed. I tried to warn, and in prayer, I tried to bless. I'm praying for someone to receive joy, for heaven's sake! They took it as a curse. Obviously they had spiritual stops in their ears and they weren't really listening to what I was saying, because they interrupted me.

At that point, I knew further conversation was pointless and I tried graciously for about a minute to extricate myself from this phone conversation, but they wouldn't be quiet long enough to listen to what I was saying, so when I hung up, they thought I hung up on them. I'll admit it was abrupt, but they weren't listening.

I took a course once that taught "How you listen to others is how you listen to God." Are you correctable? Do you see everything 'negative' as a word curse?

No comments:

Post a Comment