Monday, December 2, 2013

The Writing Process - a novel idea

It's a long one. One that I am learning to patient with. The idea came to me about a year and a half ago. I asked the Lord for a novel idea.

An obscure history lesson came to mind. The Gunfight at Hyde Park in Newton, Kansas.

 


My hometown was wild and wooly. Historical fiction / romance sells. I'm gonna try it.

I've finished my first draft and I'm in revisions before I submit to publishers. My former writing mentor from Christian Writer's Guild, Sandra Byrd, is helping me with it. I appreciate her, and my other mentors from CWG. Currently, I'm taking the Craftsman class - XI with DiAnn Mills as my mentor.

What are you passionate about today? For me - it's God, family/friends, chocolate, and writing. :-)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment