Saturday, February 28, 2009

Temper Temper Part I



These blocks of chocolate are about 10 or 11 pounds of pure solid chocolate, whether it be dark, white, or milk.

When they come in this form, I as the chocolatier, can't really do anything with them.

When our hearts have become hardened, what can God do with us?

The first thing I do is break the blocks into pieces - if I'm using block bulk chocolate. Lately, I've taken to using chocolate which has already been broken up, or molded into smaller chunks. That way the chocolate is ready for the second step.

How have you been broken? Post a comment and let me know. Blessings! D

1 comment:

  1. Melt me, mold me, break me into a million pieces...hey, wait a minute, that last part doesn't sound like the words to the old song! But without breaking, we can't be changed into a form that's useful to God.
    Sometimes great sorrow causes us to then have compassion on others, seeing them through the eyes of Christ. Like the scripture says, bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. We do that best when we are filled with compassion.

    ReplyDelete