Friday, April 3, 2009

Temper, Temper Part VI - Stirring & Seeding



In my last post, I said that there was a way to "speed" up the cooling off process.

It's called 'seeding.' When I have a molten mass of chocolate in front of me and I am pressed for time, I'll put in some "seed."

'Seed' is already properly tempered and set chocolate that has been cut into shavings or very small pieces for easy absorption. However, the hotter the melted chocolate is, the more 'seed' I have to put in. If I've got about eight ounces of melted chocolate and it's temperature is around 105°, I may have to put in a good 2-3 ounces of 'seed' chocolate in order to bring the temperature down quickly and smoothly.

I usually add it about a tablespoon at a time to make sure that I don't cool the chocolate off too quickly and that the the 'seed' is absorbed easily. I have to do a lot more stirring at the same time in order for the small shavings/pieces to be assimilated into the melted chocolate. I check the temperature often.

Can you see the correlation yet? What is the 'seed' in the life of a follower of Christ? It is the Word of God. It is the Bible. So...what should you do when you've been broken, melted, and stirred, and need to be cooled?

You put in your 'seed.' You press in to the Lord and you read the Word. You spend time reading and learning His Word. I believe because I pressed into the Lord by reading a lot of the Bible every day after my 'forced break' was the reason I was shown the chocolate so quickly. I'm not saying that God will always do this for you. But anytime you sink yourself into the Word of God, there will be good results.

Next time: What can I do now?

No comments:

Post a Comment