Saturday, April 25, 2009

Temper Temper Part VIII

We've been broken. We've been melted. We've been stirred and sometimes left to sit. We've had the "Seed" of the "Word of God" put into us. And, we may have had to sit even longer.

We feel we've been poked and prodded by God and we wonder - what is it all for?

When I work with chocolate, I, as the chocolatier, know that I have a purpose for doing all this to my chocolate.

Finally, the chocolate is in "temper." If it's milk chocolate, as shown in the photo, it's around 86°. One of the things I can do with "tempered" chocolate is to enrobe a truffle center in it, as is shown in the photo.




There are many other things I can do as well. I can pour tempered chocolate into a turkey mold and later find a perfectly solid, wonderfully formed milk chocolate turkey.


I can dip a pretzel rod, I can use chocolate to decorate other chocolate. I can use chocolate for flavoring my dark chocolate truffle centers - or as a coating for a truffle.

There are lots of things I can do with "tempered" chocolate.

Do you see the connection yet? When we have allowed God to "temper" us - we open up a myriad of opportunities for God to use us - however He pleases - because He is the Master Chocolatier.

Next time: Why it's important to be "tempered." What happens when chocolate isn't tempered correctly? How has God been "tempering" you? Where are you in the process? Post a comment and let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment