Friday, May 1, 2009

What I can do with Tempered Chocolate



My chocolate is in "temper." For dark chocolate, that would be around 88°. I am now ready to work with it.

The picture at left, shows chocolate being used to provide the "bottom" to a bon bon type chocolate, using a mold. The chocolatier pours the chocolate into the mold cavities, then scrapes off the excess, which is what this chocolatier is beginning to do.

Once my chocolate is in temper, I can do whatever I want to. I can use it to enrobe a peanut butter ball center. I can dip or enrobe a pretzel. I can mold with it. I can decorate with it by grating it, or "molding" it over acetate to create a swirl. I can use tempered chocolate as glue if I were making a chocolate sculpture. I can use chocolate to flavor my ultra rich dark chocolate non-dairy truffle.

Once we've been "tempered," God can use us in a myriad of ways. If we're greeters, our smile and handshake welcome first time and repeat visitors, as well as our friends. If we're a worship leader, our voices and our instruments usher in the presence of God. If we're a small group leader, we can give wise advice to those who are hurting, and with our heart of a pastor, keep those hurting from slipping and falling.

What is it God wants to do with YOU? Have you been "tempered" by God? Post a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment