Monday, September 7, 2009

Overcoming Fear - Part IV


Fear-Less

By Max Lucado

“Envision a day, just one day, absent the dread of failure, rejection, and calamity. Can you imagine a life with no fear?”

In Fearless, Max Lucado challenges us to imagine that day without fear of any kind.

What are we afraid of? In our times, we have plenty to fear. Fearless help us to identify and face our fears. Lucado shares some of his own fears he faced, such as heart surgery. From the Villagers of Stiltsville to William’s Psalm – this book takes you, chapter-by-chapter through the most common of our fears.

A discussion guide in the back is a great way to personalize what you’ve read and is ideal for small group discussion. A companion paperback booklet, Imagine Your Life Without Fear, is also available. It’s Fearless in a nutshell version and a great giveaway gift idea.

I faced a few fears of my own. The first time I read the book, I let it minister to me – and it did. The second time through helped adjust my thinking in a number of areas. The Psalms say: “The LORD is my light, and my salvation, whom shall I fear?” When we see Jesus for who He really is – we get our eyes off our fears, and they melt away in the light of God’s glory.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone – but especially if you want to learn to face your fears. Read Fearless.

Start imagining that life without fear. I am and I’m beginning to feel better for it.

What fears have you faced lately? Post a comment and let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Very thoughtfull post on overcoming fear .It should be very much helpfull.

    Thanks,
    Karim - Creating Power

    ReplyDelete