Thursday, October 1, 2009

Just Rambling Today


Well - I have a half hour before I'm gonna walk, then make supper, then make some serious chocolate!

This yellow mum was in full bloom last year when I took it's picture. It was called "Golden Prophet." It was on my doggie's grave in the backyard.

But it didn't really survive the winter, although it had survived five others. It had grown and prospered. This year though, it didn't. It didn't grow at all.

There are seasons in our life when the things we do grow and prosper, and other seasons when it seems all is pruned, dead, and silent. Spiritually speaking, I'm just emerging from one of those "dead" seasons. I am not in "full bloom" yet, but I am growing. At least I think I am.

One thing I have learned from the 'dead' season - use that to its fullest. Use the time to seek the Lord, to pursue Him passionately, as the name of this blog suggests. Allow the Lord to prune away those things within you that are not pleasing to Him.

I'm using plant language here - but many of you know my 'real' language is CHOCOLATE! Because once we're "tempered" (pruned, refined, and we start to grow again) - God can use us in ways we could never imagine! And it WILL be SWEET!



We need to remember - it's a PROCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment