Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Book Review - Knockout Entrepreneur


All I can say about Knockout Entrepreneur is that if you need motivation, encouragement, and a pep talk, George Foreman is good at that.

I was fairly skeptical when I first read through the book, I thought, what does a former boxer have to say to me? After all, he didn't have 'formal' education, right? Then, I realized I was being educationally snooty. As followers of Christ, we should be able to learn from anyone, no matter their station in life. So, I determined to read forward with an open mind.

Because George knows boxing better than anything else, much of his terminology and examples come from his world of boxing. As I continued to read, I became a bit more impressed. Ok, the guy does know what he's talking about. That was important for me, because he has taken his principles into the world of business, and has become a success at that, too.

It's not a 'deep' book, but it's motivational. Then, I learned that George is also a featured speaker with "Get Motivated" which fills indoor stadiums up nationwide.

I score this book about 3-1/2. It's got good encouragement, and generic business advice for anyone who is in business. Since I am in business, I was hoping for more concrete help, but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment