Saturday, March 14, 2009

Overcoming Fear



Picture: Maggie on her "perch" at the top of the stairs of our old house

When we first got Maggie, (who has sinced passed away in 2003), she was a very frightened dog.

A breed dog who'd had little human contact, she wasn't sure how to respond to love and affection.

She trembled for several hours after I first picked her up that late October day in 1994. There were a lot of "firsts" in her life and she was frightened. This was a new person who just took her away from all she'd known.

When she finally figured out she was "my" dog later that day, she stopped trembling. She helped me overcome fear of being a bad "mommy." She overcame fear of being held and being loved.

Today, God has me overcoming fear of getting my name "out there." I just sent what is called a "query letter" to a magazine about Temper, Temper. I had to overcome fear of rejection in order to do that.

What fears are you being asked to overcome? Post a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment