Saturday, March 21, 2009

Temper, Temper Part IV - Shaken AND Stirred



To recap - First, I break the chocolate into pieces. Sometimes, we as followers of Christ need to be broken into pieces, when our hearts have become too hard.

Next, I melt the chocolate in some kind of pot. The temperature is fairly hot. When we are in the Master Refiner's fire, it's hot and it hurts. We have to believe that God is doing this for a GOOD reason!

NEXT: When I'm working with chocolate after it's melted, I continually stir the liquid chocolate so that all the melted cocoa butter crystals can be distributed equally throughout the melted mass. I stir and stir and stir and stir.

While we are being refined, God stirs us up for love and good deeds. During our times of trial, we should be stirring ourselves up to press into God, so that we can experience His mercy, His strength, and His love. When we're melted, we can become depressed. We have to rise above that and press in.

Substitute the words "press in" for "stir." So, as a chocolatier, I stir and stir and stir and stir and stir. We should then press in and press in and press in and press in and press in. I'll share how I do that (press in) next time.

How do you stir yourself up to press in? Post a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment