Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Temper Temper Part III - Aaack! I'm melting!



In "The Wizard of Oz" the Wicked Witch of the West screamed when water was thrown on her. "Aaack! I'm melting! I'm melting!" she screamed as she literally melted away into nothingness.

The first thing I do as a chocolatier after breaking my chocolate blocks or callets into pieces is to melt the chocolate. I have to break down it's current form in order to get it to the place where I can "re-form" it. In order to be melted, it goes in a "hot" pan or bowl. I have several different ways I can melt my chocolate...melter...double boiler, etc. But the result is the same. It's gotta be in liquid form.

When God wants to "re-form" us, He first breaks us, then we're melted. It's the refining fire. It's hot and it hurts.

We are all in various stages of being "re-formed." What is God doing in your life? How is He re-forming you? Post a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment