Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Emotional Healing - Part IIA - Revelation Can Bring Joy


Yesterday, God showed me something, that even though I already knew it - it brought me great joy. If I had two "life" messages, it would be "the joy of the Lord is your strength" and "root of rejection." Because for many, many years, I suffered from a root of rejection, clinically known as "Rejection Syndrome" or "Avoidance Personality Disorder."

I didn't know any of that. I only knew I seemed different from others. I was shy and easily hurt as a child. Some of my fellow students in school took advantage of that. Through the years, though, even before I knew what to call it - God was working and healing me.

My parents were fabulous. Their unconditional love showed me what real love was like. In college, very few people rejected me, and healing began.

Then, in the 80s, I met my husband. The best man for me with his temperament. His unconditional love again showed me more of God's love and healed more.

Fourteen years ago, I was in a Bible School, and with practically her opening statement, one of our teachers said, "About half of you have a root of rejection and you need to be delivered of it." I figured it was the other half of the class, because I was feeling good at the time.

Over the years, more hurts, rejections and revelations have shown me God's healing ways. Just yesterday, I noticed when I looked at Wikipedia's description of rejection syndrome, I realized two things:

1.   Yep, that's what I had all right. Almost everything they described fit me in the past.

2.    And then it hit me - I'm not like that anymore.

That was a revelation to me. I'm NOT like that anymore! Praise the Lord! I think I'm healed. The only way to know is to be tested in it.

I have a weekend retreat outline that I've done for two of my best friends, because a clinical psychologist (who is also a writer) once told me she thought that would be the best way to bring about a healing change in others. We had a great weekend a few years ago.

I have great joy in knowing that God has brought me from rejection to acceptance. In the beloved.

The key is God's love: the more you accept His love, the more healing you get.

Next up: Back to the Strength of the Lord. What is it?

What do you think? Do you have rejection issues? Do you know someone who has? Leave a comment and let me know. May God Bless you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment