Friday, January 3, 2014

Emotional Healing & Prophetic Words - Part 1




If you're like me, we feel covered and heavy in the midst of winter sometimes. Snow can be heavy and burden down my holly bush. But notice the holly bush is blooming with berries. It's fruitful in the middle of winter.

We feel like that - burdened down with worries, failures, depressions. Sometimes, it's all we can do just to say we still love Jesus, and we'll still follow Him. Because, where else would we go? Who else has the words that will bring us eternal life.

Many of you know I had a big disappointment in ministry seven years ago. God is good, though. He helped begin healing in a number of ways. He gave me dreams that pointed out generational problems, plus showed me my own decisions and how they affected outcomes. He had already shown me about the root of rejection I've carried since before I was born. He's given measures of healing through the last thirteen years. He is faithful to help us.

I recently submitted a prophetic word I received nine years ago to my pastor. He helped me understand a few things about myself. It helped. Somehow, without bells and whistles, healing has been coming to me in the last couple of weeks.

I've had some dramatic emotional healing experiences with God before, where I wept and felt His love strongly on me. But this one was quiet. And a quiet joy has come with it.

And one thing I know...the JOY of the LORD is our strength. That verse and the songs it has inspired, has almost been one of my life theme songs. I've laughed and laughed, and cried and cried. Each joy, when it comes to my emotions, is different. Each brings its own revelation of God's love for me.

Because that's what the healing. God's love and our revelation of it.

Next Up: Tapping into God's Joy for Us, which will bring healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment