Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ends and Beginnings - Part IV


This little mum is called "Golden Prophet." Each year it comes up because it's a perennial.

But it's planted on a grave...my dog's grave. I purchased this flower as a reminder that my dog lived - after she died.

I've always loved the color of "gold" because I'm reminded of where I'm going to go when I die - to a place where there are "streets" of gold. I love the word "prophet" because it implies future orientation - but in a "now" and life-giving way!

This place is beautiful! There's no more night...no more curse...no more crying, sighing or pain. Just heaven!! Just light! Just the Lord!! Just the fellowship with the saints and the angels! There is a river that flows through the middle of Main Street - and trees on each side for the healing of the nations!

Come Lord Jesus! What comes to your mind when you think of heaven? Post a comment and let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Very good thoughts. We as Christians long for rest and peace from the busyness of this life. Sometimes it's easy to get caught on the treadmill of the "urgent", while the truly "important" things get sidelined...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's for sure Dorothy! That's one reason I blog - so that the "important" things that can get sidetracked come back to the fore-front! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete